Sunday, March 2, 2014

Valentine Counting Chains

 I Can Count to 100!
My girls are very motivated to learn to count to 100 independently. So far our oldest girl can *most of the time* do it and Little Miss Middle fights hard to keep up. So when I saw this project on Pinterest it seemed like something they would love to do.
Tweaked a Bit
I don't know why I always change things I see on Pinterest--maybe it's my rebellious side :) --but I never do things just as I find them. The original idea for this was to use stamps and stamp ten hearts or whatever on each link of the chain, ending up with 100 stamps from 10 links. Well I decided to make the girls draw hearts instead. They are getting close to being able to draw a "good" heart but not quite. So I figured drawing 100 of them should prove to refine this skill. And fortunately I think it did.
Tweaking Even More
Because they did enjoy this and it made a cute decoration for the month of February, We stick with what works around                                                                         here.I think we will try it again for March.
Probably some kind of rainbow to go along with St. Patrick's Day. I will post pics if we actually get around to it :)

No comments: